2022 CATALINA TERRACE SWIM TEAM PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Now two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, as conditions change and stabilize, the Marlins Summer Swim 2022 is looking to return to a full team, and close to normal summer. Should conditions alter again, we will respond with the safety of our community in mind.
**NOTE** Practices occur daily on the below schedule, and the pool is closed for recreational use during those times, even on meet days. For home swim meets, the pool will be closed for recreational use; for away meets, the pool is open for recreational use and guarded into the evening.
April 4 (Mon): Afternoon workouts start
Workouts thereafter are M-T-W-Th, skipping Fridays, but returning Saturday mornings. We will continually re-evaluate our practice schedule, times and process as public health needs dictate. Times are tentative, dates are fixed; however, as in all things, this schedule is subject to change where necessary
April 2022 Starting 04/04/2022 (Mon): Afternoon workouts M-T-W-TH (no Friday workouts)
Ages and time brackets tentative!
- Private swim lessons w/ coaches at 2:45 PM
- Ages 5 & 6 from 3:15 – 3:45 PM
- Ages 7 – 8 from 3:45 – 4:30 PM
- Ages 9-11 from 4:30 – 5:15 PM
- Ages 12-14 from 5:15 – 6:15 PM
- Ages 15 – 18 from 6:15 – 7:15 PM
Starting April 9 (Sat): Saturday morning workouts:
- Ages 15 – 18 from 7:45 – 8:45 AM
- Ages 12 – 14 from 8:45 – 9:45 AM
- Ages 9 – 11 from 9:45 – 10:30 AM
- Ages 7 – 8 from 10:30 – 11:15 AM
May 31 (Tues): Morning workouts start, M-T-W-Th-F
- Ages 15 and over from 6:30 – 7:45 AM
- Ages 12-14 from 7:45 – 9:00 AM
- Ages 9-11 from 9:00 – 10:00 AM
- Ages 8 & under from 9:45 – 10:45 AM (stretches @ 9:45)
- Private swim lessons w/ coaches at 10:45 AM
- Registration Day 1 (Sat): March 5th
- Registration Day 2 (Sat): March 26th
- Mandatory Workday (Sat): April 2nd
- Parent Meeting (Mon): April 25
- Parent Meeting (Tues): April 26
- Annual Facility Member Key Exch. (Sat): May 7th
- Movie-Nite/Potluck (Sat): May 7! Suggest a family movie!!
- Mock Meet (Tues): May 17
- Team Pictures PHOTODAY! (Fri): June 3th 7:45am
- Make-Up Pictures PHOTODAY! (Tues): June 14th During your Workout Time
- Swim-a-thon (Sat): June 25th 8a.m.note changed date
- Pre-Championships Pasta Dinner (Wed): July 10 (tentative)
- CHAMPIONSHIPS (Thurs-Fri): July 11 – 12 (tentative)
- Post- Championships @ Peter Piper Pizza July 12
- End-of-Season Celebration (Wedn 5pm): July 13
Remember sneakers/running shoes for dry land exercise!
Note: Swimmer’s age as of June 1, 2022. We plan to have ~140 swimmers summer 2022, back to our pre-pandemic team size. Some swimmers may swim up or down in time slots depending on their ability, to be determined by the coaches. Swimmers six & under will only swim at the discretion of our coach and then only after a swim evaluation.
Team Swim Suits
Looking for our official CT Marlins Red & Blue Team Swim Suits? Tucson’s independent home-grown pool store Champion Pool & Supply is our official supplier. You can order through their store, or attend one of their on-deck sales shops right here at a CT Practice coming soon!
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES:
Championship and related dates/times tentative!