Summer 2022: Party Scheduling
Be sure to check our CT Calendar page to learn about availability before scheduling
Party reservations are now open and necessary to ensure proper staffing of lifeguards. Find our entire party policy at this PDF.
PARTIES: Any gathering or loosely coordinated group of pool users of 25 or more people constitutes a party, and must be reserved with CTAP—regardless of whether such group comprises multiple separate memberships. We are requiring party scheduling essentially to help ensure pool availability to all membership, adequate lifeguards on duty, and fairness to all to be able to host a party.
Summer 2022 CT party reservation process:
- Only Family Members are allowed to schedule and host parties.
- Parties of 25 require one lifeguard if outside regular guarded hours.
- Minimum three hours per party, including set-up and clean-up.
- Guard is present for this minimum three hours
- Two lifeguards will be scheduled for more than 25 people.
- The party host reserves one of the two ramada/grill pairs at the pool for their use—north or south.
- Note: the wading pool at the north ramada should still be accessible to other members.
- $25/hr per guard, for a minimum of three hours
- A minimum $75 fee is required for all parties to reserve your space and guard. Checks are made out to CTAP and note “swim party” in the memo line
- All parties are pack-in/pack-out all your material, and ensure your site is cleaned before leaving. Please be mindful of your impact on the pool environment, and how you can use this as a teaching moment for kids. We’re working hard to keep the pool clean. We do not clean up after parties.
To schedule your party please email with the following information:
- Time of day: from and to (minimum three hours)
- Member Family name booking the party
- Number of attendees & number of non-member guests (ballpark is good)
- Ramada/Grill combo (North or South)
Johanna Moyer has graciously volunteered to coordinate and schedule parties. Please contact her at (520) 429-8476 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your party. Johanna is working on creating an online party calendar. We’ll post the link once finalized
The pandemic brought record numbers of membership to CT, as people cut back on travel and stayed close to home. We are fortunate to have been in a life-saving space for some many people.
With the record number of people comes a number of large groups gathering at once at the pool. We’re working to alleviate the pressure on guards with impromptu groups appearing, and ease the scheduling of large groups that want to enjoy the pool together. Scheduling a party is crucial to help with this. PLEASE REFRAIN from coming unannounced in large groups. The strain on our guards is very great.
If one lifeguard is present, we seek to keep no more than 25 people in the water at once, for safety, and the diving board may be closed if the scene is chaotic for the guard. Your lifeguard will notify you to help watch children in the water if there are a lot of swimmers and the scene is chaotic. If two guards are present, more swimmers may be allowed in the water, and the board may be provisionally opened.
*Exclusions to any population limits are guards, maintenance people and the occasional instructor with student.